- Acceptance of Terms.
- Use and Restrictions.
The Site may be accessed and used only by individuals who can form legally binding contracts under applicable laws and who are not barred from using the Site under applicable laws.
All trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos and trade dress, whether registered or unregistered (collectively the “Marks”) that appear on the Sites are proprietary to Speakeasy or such Marks’ respective owners. You may not display or reproduce the Marks other than with the prior written consent of Speakeasy, and you may not remove or otherwise modify any trademark notices from any Content. The Marks are protected by trademark, trade dress, copyright, and various other intellectual property rights and unfair competition laws.
In addition, all page headers, custom graphics, button icons, and scripts are trademarks, service marks, trade names and/or trade dress of Speakeasy or their respective owners, and may not be copied, imitated, or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of Speakeasy.
The following marks are under trademark protection by Speakeasy: SPEAKEASY (name & logo), SPEAKEASY (name).
- Your Account
You are solely responsible for (i) maintaining the security and confidentiality of your account and your account password; (ii) restricting access to your computer and your account; and (iii) keeping your email address listed on your account current. You are solely responsible and liable for all activities, including, without limitation, all purchases of products and services through the use of the Site that occur under your account or your account password.
- Terms of Sale
All product sales from the Site are governed by any terms of sale that are be posted on the Site at http://www.Speakeasy.com/returns-warranty. You should refer to our terms of sale to learn more about applicable product warranties, our return policy, and shipping terms. By ordering and/or accepting delivery of the products, you agree to be bound by these terms of sale. The terms of sale are subject to change without prior notice at any time, in Speakeasy’s sole discretion so you should review the terms of sale each time you make a purchase. Additional information may be found in our FAQ and online shopping sections of the Site. All prices related to Speakeasy products or services are subject to change by us at any time, without notice and without liability to you. We do not provide price protection or refunds in the event of a price drop or a promotional offering.
- Electronic Communications
You consent to receive electronic communications from Speakeasy either in the form of email sent to you at the email address listed on your account or by communications posted on the Site. You acknowledge and agree that any electronic communication in the form of such email or posting on the Site shall satisfy any legal requirement that such communication be in writing.
You further agree that you will not upload, post or otherwise make available on the Site any material protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or any other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of such copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other proprietary right owned by a third party, and the burden of determining whether any material is protected by any such right is on you. You shall be solely liable for damage resulting from your account, or any infringement of copyrights, trademarks, patents, or other proprietary rights, or any violations of rights of privacy or publicity, or any other harm resulting from any Submission that you make.
You represent and warrant that: (i) you own all Submissions posted by you on or through the Site or otherwise have the right to grant the Licenses to Speakeasy set forth in this section, and (ii) your Submission is accurate and not misleading and (iii) the posting of your Submissions on or through the Site does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, trademark rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any person or entity or violate any applicable law, rule, regulation or order. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees, damages and any other monies owing to any person by reason of any Submissions posted by you to or through the Site. When submitting Submissions to or otherwise using the Site and/or the services, you agree not to, without limitation:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Use racially, ethnically, or otherwise offensive language.
- Discuss or incite illegal activity.
- Use explicit/obscene language or solicit/post sexually explicit images (actual or simulated).
- Post anything that exploits children or minors or that depicts cruelty to animals.
- Post any copyrighted or trademarked materials without the express permission from the owner of such copyright or trademark.
- Post any person’s name, likeness, voice or biographical information without the express permission from such person (or if that person is a minor, from that person’s parent or legal guardian).
- Disseminate any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, ‘junk mail’, ‘spam’, ‘chain letters’, ‘pyramid schemes’, or any other form of such solicitation.
- Use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access the Site.
- Take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure.
- Alter the opinions, goals, profiles or comments posted by others on the Site.
This list of prohibitions provides examples and is not complete or exclusive. Speakeasy reserves the right in its sole discretion to (a) terminate your access to your account; (b) terminate your ability to post to the Site (or the services) and (c) refuse, delete, modify, edit or remove any Submissions; with or without cause and with or without notice, for any reason or no reason, or for any action that Speakeasy determines is inappropriate or disruptive to this Site or to any other user of the Site and/or services. Speakeasy may report to law enforcement authorities any actions that may be illegal, and any reports it receives of such conduct. When legally required or at Speakeasy’s discretion, Speakeasy will cooperate with law enforcement agencies in any investigation of alleged illegal activity on the Site or on the Internet.
Speakeasy takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Submissions posted or uploaded by you or any third party, or for any mistakes, defamation, slander, libel, omissions, falsehoods, obscenity, pornography or profanity you may encounter. As a provider of interactive services, Speakeasy is only a forum and is not liable for any statements, representations, or Submissions provided by its users in any public forum or personal home page.
These prohibitions do not require Speakeasy to monitor, police or remove any Submissions or other information submitted by you or any other user.
If you submit any feedback or ideas about our products and services to the Site, you hereby assign and agree to assign to Speakeasy all right, title and interest in and to such feedback.
Any Content offered or posted on the Site is subject to modification or discontinuation at any time and from time to time without notice or obligation to you. Without limiting the foregoing, Speakeasy reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to charge fees for the use or purchase of, or access to, any products, services or Content offered through the Site, at any time and from time to time.
- Links to Third Party WebSite
The Site may contain links to websites and other resources operated by third parties other than Speakeasy. Such links are provided solely as a convenience to you. Speakeasy does not control such websites, and is not responsible for the content, products, services or information offered by any third parties. The inclusion of links to such websites on the Site does not imply any endorsement of any website or the content, products or services offered, advertised, endorsed or promoted by any third party, or of any company or person. If you decide to access any third party websites or acquire any third party products or services, you do so entirely at your own risk, and you may be subject to the terms and conditions and the privacy policies imposed by such third parties.
- Warranties and Disclaimer
THE SITE MAY CONTAIN TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS OR INACCURACIES AND MAY NOT BE COMPLETE OR CURRENT. SPEAKEASY THEREFORE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CORRECT ANY ERRORS, INACCURACIES OR OMISSIONS (INCLUDING AFTER AN ORDER HAS BEEN SUBMITTED) AND TO CHANGE OR UPDATE INFORMATION AT ANY TIME WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE. PLEASE NOTE THAT SUCH ERRORS, INACCURACIES OR OMISSIONS MAY RELATE TO PRICING AND AVAILABILITY, AND TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, SPEAKEASY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CANCEL OR REFUSE TO ACCEPT ANY ORDER PLACED BASED ON INCORRECT PRICING OR AVAILABILITY INFORMATION. WE APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE.
IF AN ITEM BECOMES UNAVAILABLE FOR WHATEVER REASON AFTER AN ORDER IS ACCEPTED, SPEAKEASY MAY TERMINATE THE ORDER BY GIVING YOU WRITTEN NOTICE. IN SUCH EVENT, SPEAKEASY WILL CONTACT YOU TO ARRANGE FOR A REFUND OR PROVISION OF CREDIT AGAINST FUTURE PURCHASE. AGAIN, WE APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE.
- Limitation of Liability
Certain laws do not allow limitations on implied warranties or conditions, or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages. If these laws apply, some or all of the above disclaimers, exclusions, or limitations, may not apply to you, and you may have additional rights to those contained herein.
- Copyright and Trademark Infringements
Speakeasy respects the intellectual property rights of others, and we ask you to do the same. Speakeasy may, in appropriate circumstances and at our discretion, terminate service and/or access to the Site for users who infringe the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that your work is the subject of copyright infringement and/or trademark infringement and appears on our Site, please provide Speakeasy’s designated agent the following information required by the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. §512 (“DMCA”):
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted and/or trademarked work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled at the Site, and information reasonably sufficient to permitSpeakeasy to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permitSpeakeasy to contact you as the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which you may be contacted.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright and/or trademark owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Speakeasy’s agent for notice of claims of copyright or trademark infringement on the Site can be reached as follows:
27762 Antonio Pkwy
L1 Unit 431
Ladera Ranch, CA 92694
Please also note that this procedure is exclusively for notifying Speakeasy that your copyrighted material has been infringed. For copyright infringements under Section 512(f) of the U.S. Copyright Act, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability.
- Governing Law and Injunctive Relief